MACU is a system designed for multimodal imaging and the basis for experimental animal imaging.
MACU is a carrier system consistent of a stereotactic frame, anesthesia and temperature support and is intended for use in imaging modalities like MRI, PET, CT and optical imaging.
The carrier system makes it possible to control the temperature, (with the Temperature Control Unit HC-360/90) and the stabilization of the animal throughout the whole experiment.
Optionally ECG and respiration can also be controlled or analyzed and evaluated for MRI- or PET- experiments as trigger-signals (using the Master Box).
The head of the animal will be fixed on the head carriage with a bite stick and ear sticks. The body will be fixed on the temperature table with a vacuum cushion.
By moving the head carriage the position of the animal can be varied in sagittal direction.
- stereotactic frame with bite bar and ears bars
- optimal temperatures with water bath heating and cooling and rectal temperature probes
- gas inhalation and escaping suction as well
- available for rats (MACU-R), mouse (MACU-M) and phantom (MACU-P)
- available in 120 mm (e.g. MACU-X-120), 90 mm and 70 mm outer diameter.
- MACU-M-120 and MACU-R-120 is also available as a symmetrical (e.g. MACU-M-120-twin) or asymmetrical twin version (e.g. MACU-M-120-twinX) to image two mice/rats at a time.
- MACU-R-120 is also available as speckle version.
- MACU comes with several adapters to fit it to your needs and specifications.
MACU additives, Anesthesia Control, Temperature Control, MasterBox, UMAC.